The Bowring Park Foundation (BPF) is a charitable foundation established in 1995 to assist the City of St. John's in the restoration, preservation and future development of Bowring Park. The goal of the Foundation is to ensure the development of a "public garden for quiet family enjoyment" as envisioned by its Honorary Patron, Derrick Bowring. The Foundation is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors who are elected by the Foundation Membership. The Executive serves for three years and the Directors serve for two years. The present board includes:
Executive: Ashley Power-Stack, ChairSheri Wicks, Vice ChairRob McGrath, TreasurerDeputy Mayor Ron Ellsworth, City of St. John’s Council Representative
Brian Head, City of St. John’s Staff Representative
The Bowring Park Foundation was established on April 18, 1995, as a not-for-profit organization under the patronage of Derrick Bowring, a relative of Sir Edgar Bowring. Sir Edgar donated the park land to the City of St. John's in 1911 on behalf of Bowring Brothers Ltd. on their 100th anniversary of commerce in Newfoundland.
In cooperation with the City of St. John’s, The Bowring Park Foundation is a Citizens group formed to ensure, through active participation in restoration and future development projects, that Bowring Park is maintained and developed as a public park for quiet family enjoyment for the citizens of the region.