In 2010, the Bowring Park Foundation partnered with the City of St. John’s to cost-share 50/50 the restoration of the Stone Bridge that crosses over South Brook near the park’s tennis courts. Over the years, many park visitors have admired this bridge which was constructed in 1931 by Bowring Park personnel under then Superintendent Alfred Canning. The bridge was built in the form of an arch with bent railway tracks inside to give it its shape. The stones forming the bridge’s exterior had been collected along the railway line adding to its historical significance.
The Bowring Park Foundation was established on April 18, 1995, as a not-for-profit organization under the patronage of Derrick Bowring, a relative of Sir Edgar Bowring. Sir Edgar donated the park land to the City of St. John's in 1911 on behalf of Bowring Brothers Ltd. on their 100th anniversary of commerce in Newfoundland.
In cooperation with the City of St. John’s, The Bowring Park Foundation is a Citizens group formed to ensure, through active participation in restoration and future development projects, that Bowring Park is maintained and developed as a public park for quiet family enjoyment for the citizens of the region.