The Proclamation for the 2014 Bowring
Park Centennial Celebrations was read in the City of St. John's Council Meeting
on November 18 by the Town Cryer, Christopher Pickard.
Mayor Dennis O'Keefe and Michael
Power, Chairman of the Bowring Park Foundation, signed the Proclamation and invited
all citizens to participate in these celebrations.
The Bowring Park Foundation was established on April 18, 1995, as a not-for-profit organization under the patronage of Derrick Bowring, a relative of Sir Edgar Bowring. Sir Edgar donated the park land to the City of St. John's in 1911 on behalf of Bowring Brothers Ltd. on their 100th anniversary of commerce in Newfoundland.
In cooperation with the City of St. John’s, The Bowring Park Foundation is a Citizens group formed to ensure, through active participation in restoration and future development projects, that Bowring Park is maintained and developed as a public park for quiet family enjoyment for the citizens of the region.